Catchafire is hiring!
Catchafire is one of the hottest new technology companies in New York City with a social mission. Now that our powerful Beta website is live, we are scaling quickly. Only apply if you’re looking to join a fast-paced, nimble and hard-working team and are hungry to change the world.
Catchafire is a web based solution that matches nonprofits and social enterprises (“organizations”) with skilled volunteers. We are changing the way people volunteer and the way that organizations both find and utilize skilled volunteers. Our platform allows organizations to identify their needs as short-term, discrete, individual projects, which Catchafire then matches to volunteer profiles in our system. Catchafire’s mission is to improve the quality of the volunteer experience, and our vision is a world where it’s easy for every professional to volunteer their skills and for every nonprofit and social enterprise to access and effectively use skilled volunteers.
Catchafire is located in New York, NY. This position is open immediately.
Please don’t apply unless you meet all of the following criteria:
You are motivated by the opportunity to: 1) put your mark on an early-stage start-up, 2) chart uncharted waters in your job, and 3) make the world a better place.
You are: 1) an independent worker and thinker, 2) team-oriented, 3) hardworking and resourceful, 4) trustworthy, and 5) funny (or, at least, have some sense of humor; we don’t care if it’s warped).
If you possess all of the above, read below for more information and how to apply:
How to apply
Please email Rachael Chong, email@example.com, with your resume. It would also be nice if you could send a cover letter along with your resume to let us know why you’re interested in working with us and why you think you’d be a great fit.
Project Menu Intern/Associate
You will help develop and grow the Catchafire Project Menu, our secret sauce, and a key part of what makes us unique. Our Project Menu allows nonprofits and social enterprises to identify their needs and easily connect to professionals who are willing to work on the projects that will fulfill these needs. Every Catchafire Project is defined by 3 characteristics:
- Short-term – Catchafire projects take no more than 5 hours a week of a volunteer’s time and can be completed in less than 3 months.
- Discrete – Catchafire projects produce a concrete deliverable and outline the steps a nonprofit and volunteer need to take to achieve it.
- Individual – Catchafire projects can be completed by one individual.
This is a unique opportunity to get to know and contribute to the blood and guts of Catchafire. If you can master our Project Menu, we will want to consider you for a full-time opportunity in volunteer and nonprofit sales, business development or communications. The right candidate for this job will someone who wants to use this as a launchpad for a longer-term position at Catchafire.
Your responsibilities and our expectations
- Identifying and developing nonprofit and social enterprise needs that can be added to the Project Menu
- Identifying higher priority projects for the Project Menu
- Liaising and managing Catchafire’s industry experts, nonprofit & social enterprise experts, and nonprofits requesting projects to develop new projects for the Project Menu
- Ensuring that project guidelines are clear and that projects meet Catchafire parameters
- Researching and developing specific project details as necessary
- Creating qualification quizzes for projects, coordinating with experts as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree a must. MBA preferred.
- You must have at least 4 years of full-time work experience, preferably with corporate and nonprofit experience
- You must be an excellent communicator both verbally and in writing
- You must have an exceptional ability to execute on ideas
- You must be a strategic thinker
- You must be excited to work in a fast-paced, goal oriented environment and thrive under pressure
- You must be driven and hungry to learn (this is a learning and growth opportunity more than anything)
- You must be willing to chip in and do anything that helps the team. Nothing is beneath you.
Compensation & Benefits
- This is a part-time or full-time internship position
- For full-time candidates we will provide a generous stipend to live in NYC
- Opportunity to transition into a full-time paid position in nonprofit and volunteer sales or communications