Catchafire is one of the hottest new technology companies in New York City with a social mission. Now that our powerful Beta website is live, we are scaling quickly. Only apply if you’re looking to join a fast-paced, nimble and hard-working team and are hungry to change the world.
Catchafire is a web based solution that matches nonprofits and social enterprises (“organizations”) with skilled volunteers. We are changing the way people volunteer and the way that organizations both find and utilize skilled volunteers. Our platform allows organizations to identify their needs as short-term, discrete, individual projects, which Catchafire then matches to volunteer profiles in our system. Catchafire’s mission is to improve the quality of the volunteer experience, and our vision is a world where it’s easy for every professional to volunteer their skills and for every nonprofit and social enterprise to access and effectively use skilled volunteers.
Catchafire is located in New York, NY. This position is open immediately.
Please don’t apply unless you meet all of the following criteria:
You are motivated by the opportunity to:
1) put your mark on an early-stage start-up,
2) chart uncharted waters in your job, and
3) make the world a better place.
1) an independent worker and thinker,
3) hardworking and resourceful,
4) trustworthy, and
5) have a sense of humor.
If you possess all of the above, read below for more information and how to apply:
How to apply
Please email Rachael Chong, firstname.lastname@example.org, with your resume. It would also be nice if you could send a cover letter along with your resume to let us know why you’re interested in working with us and why you think you’d be a great fit.
Nonprofit Sales Manager
You will be responsible for developing a successful nonprofit sales model, building and managing a nonprofit sales team to meet our revenue and social mission goals. You will serve our nonprofit and social enterprise customers to deliver high quality matches at scale. The right candidate will view this role as an opportunity to be an integral part of a team that’s pioneering for-profit social mission business and revolutionizing the way that people volunteer to make significant social change. Success in this role will afford you the opportunity to share in the success of this company as part owner.
Your responsibilities and our expectations
- Develop a strategy to make large numbers of project sales to our nonprofit and social enterprise customers
- Build and manage the nonprofit sales team
- Figure out the right pricing strategy for our nonprofit and social enterprise clients
- Cultivate partnerships to drive nonprofit sales to our site
- Ensure that business growth is in alignment with Catchafire’s social mission and vision
- Support and strengthen organizational culture, values and reputation
- Participate with the management team to make key business decisions
- Directly report to the CEO
- Bachelor’s degree a must. MBA a plus.
- At least 5 years of work experience driving sales revenue and marketing initiatives and/or business development
- Demonstrated strong analytical and business background necessary to establish relationships at the “C” level and drive company business
- Ability to develop, plan, implement and manage sales and marketing initiatives to maximize sales and profits consistent with the goals of the company
- Experience assisting in the creation of long-term strategic plans for a company
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Exceptional communication (written and verbal) skills
- Exceptional persuasion and negotiation skills
- Motivation to develop a long term career in business development, marketing or sales
- Proven leadership in a team-based environment
- Exceptional ability to execute on ideas
- Motivation to work in a fast-paced, goal oriented environment and thrive under pressure
- Enthusiasm to chip in and do anything that helps the team. Nothing is beneath you.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive base salary and commission on top
- Comprehensive benefits
- Options (negotiable)