Catchafire is hiring!
Catchafire is one of the hottest new technology companies in New York City with a social mission. Now that our powerful Beta website is live, we are scaling quickly. Only apply if you’re looking to join a fast-paced, nimble and hard-working team and are hungry to change the world.
Catchafire is a web based solution that matches nonprofits and social enterprises (“organizations”) with skilled volunteers. We are changing the way people volunteer and the way that organizations both find and utilize skilled volunteers. Our platform allows organizations to identify their needs as short-term, discrete, individual projects, which Catchafire then matches to volunteer profiles in our system. Catchafire’s mission is to improve the quality of the volunteer experience, and our vision is a world where it’s easy for every professional to volunteer their skills and for every nonprofit and social enterprise to access and effectively use skilled volunteers.
Catchafire is located in New York, NY. This position is open immediately.
Please don’t apply unless you meet all of the following criteria:
You are motivated by the opportunity to: 1) put your mark on an early-stage start-up, 2) chart uncharted waters in your job, and 3) make the world a better place.
You are: 1) an independent worker and thinker, 2) team-oriented, 3) hardworking and resourceful, 4) trustworthy, and 5) funny (or, at least, have some sense of humor; we don’t care if it’s warped)
If you possess all of the above, read below for more information and how to apply:
How to apply
Please email Rachael Chong, firstname.lastname@example.org, with your resume. It would also be nice if you could send a cover letter along with your resume to let us know why you’re interested in working with us and why you think you’d be a great fit.
Head of Business Development and Corporate Sales
You will be responsible for developing, establishing and growing a highly successful affiliate sales and corporate sales model to meet our aggressive volunteer and revenue goals. We currently have 3,000 volunteers registered, and we are looking to double this number by the end of 2010. In 2011, we want to triple these numbers. As first point of contact for potential clients, you are key to building an extremely successful and dynamic sales team. The right candidate will view this role as an opportunity to be an integral part of a team that’s pioneering for-profit social mission business and revolutionizing the way that people volunteer to make significant social change. Success in this role will afford you the opportunity to share in the success of this company as part owner.
Your responsibilities and our expectations
- Lead and manage the development and growth of these profitable new business models
- Build and maintain affiliate partnerships and corporate partnerships
- Ensure that business growth is in alignment with Catchafire’s social mission and vision
- Develop, review and report on the business development strategy to ensure that the strategic objectives are well understood and executed by the team
- Work with team to ensure that the organization achieves business and social mission goals
- Support and strengthen organizational culture, values and reputation
- Participate with the management team to make key business decisions
- You will report to the CEO
- Bachelor’s degree a must. MBA a plus.
- At least 5 years of work experience driving sales revenue and marketing initiatives and/or business development
- Demonstrated strong analytical and business background necessary to establish relationships at the “C” level and drive company business
- Ability to develop, plan, implement and manage all sales and marketing initiatives to maximize sales and profits consistent with the goals of the company
- Experience assisting in the creation of long-term strategic plans for a company
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Exceptional communication (written and verbal) skills
- Exceptional persuasion and negotiation skills
- Motivation to develop a long term career in business development, marketing or sales
- Proven leadership in a team-based environment
- Exceptional ability to execute on ideas
- Motivation to work in a fast-paced, goal oriented environment and thrive under pressure
- Enthusiasm to chip in and do anything that helps the team. Nothing is beneath you.
Compensation & Benefits
- High competitive salary and benefits for a NYC-based start-up
- Options (negotiable)
- Commission on new business profit (negotiable)